We are proud to say that we have been providing veterinary services to farmers – dairy, sheep, beef, horses, goats etc – in the Wanganui region for the past 70 years and our services continue to evolve in response to changing needs.
As in many areas pine trees and honey bees have displaced many of the sheep on the hill country while irrigation has helped to increase dairy cows as herd numbers grow.
Our very experienced large animal team – veterinarians and technicians – have been in the area many years and so have a good understanding of all local issues affecting our clients. We aim to do all we can to make our farming clients successful, and thus a big part of our work is involved in giving good advice.
We offer a complete range of services with some of our staff tending to have special areas of interest
This can include:
- Cow lameness prevention and treatment
- Cow mastitis treatment and prevention
- Pregnancy testing including foetal aging .
- Full animal health programmes customised for each farm
- Facial eczema spore counting service
- Trace element monitoring to help maximise production
- Nutritional management advice
- Calf debudding
- Bull fertility testing
- Ram soundness evaluation
- Stag develveting
- Faecal egg counts
- Full anthelmintic monitoring and advice
- Full 24/7 animal emergency response